We Believe in Jesus Christ
We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was begotten, not created, very God of very God, truly God, truly Man. He was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a vicarious and atoning death for the sins of the world, resurrected bodily for our justification, and now reigns in glory until all things be put under His feet. (1 Timothy 3:16)
There are six things essential to our beliefs as a Christian:
- Jesus was both 100% God and 100% human. God was His Father, and Mary was his mother.
- Mary was a virgin as the scripture records. In order for her to conceive it had to be supernatural: beyond natural. This is no different than Abraham and Sarah believing God that they could have children after their time of life had passed.
- Jesus lived His life without sin. If He sinned in any way His blood would not have qualified to be poured on the mercy seat in heaven. The scripture says that there can be no remission of sin without the shedding of blood.
- Jesus' death was for the sins of the world. My sin and your sin caused His death.
- Jesus was raised from the dead. This signified His supreme Lordship over death. Death was the natural result of our separation from God through sin. Physical death was a shadow of spiritual death.
- Jesus now reigns as the immortal, invisible King who will one day establish His rule on earth at the appointed time.
We Believe in Human Worth
We believe that man was made in the image of God and is the crown of creation. He is now, by reason of the fall, spiritually depraved and alienated from his Creator. Apart from God’s grace, he has no ability to attain to his high calling. (Psalm 8, Ephesians 2: 8 - 9)
We Believe in Justification by Faith
We believe that justification is by grace through faith in our Lord’s sacrifice on Calvary. (Romans 3:21 - 24) The soul that sins shall surely die. This death is a spiritual death first and a natural death second.
We Believe in Water Baptism
We believe that all of God’s people are to be buried with our Lord Jesus Christ in the waters of baptism, subsequent to conversion. (Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38, Romans 6:4)
We Believe in the Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in all believers, conforming them to the image of Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:13, Romans 8:16 - 17)
We Believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is an Endowment of Power
We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is an endowment of power, subsequent to conversion, given by God to anoint the believer for sanctification and evangelism. It is our understanding that the supernatural charisma of the Holy Spirit is active within the Body of Christ until the coming of the Lord. Furthermore, we believe the development of the charismatic gifts ought to be encouraged under the guidance of local church authorities. (Acts 8:14-17, Acts 19:1-2, 1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
We Believe in the Holy Scriptures
We believe in the absolute inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, given by the Holy Spirit without error, as He moved upon holy men of old. Furthermore, we believe that the Church has no authority to establish doctrine or practice contrary to these same Scriptures, which were subsequently accepted as canon by the early Christian Church. (2 Timothy 3:16)
The Holy Bible is the word of God, written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
We Believe in Sanctification
We believe that those who are called by the name of Christ should depart from iniquity. Understanding that salvation from the penalty of sin only begins the process of redemption, we acknowledge that one work of the Holy Spirit is to create in us the character of Christ. (2 Timothy 2:19). In order to achieve this new character, we believe:
We Believe in the Priesthood of the Believer
We believe in the priesthood of the believer. That is to say, all people born of God have equal status before, and direct access to, their Lord. (1 Peter 2:5)
We Believe in the Equipping of the Saints for the Work of the Ministry
We believe that the calling of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher are functional within the Body of Christ until the Lord’s return. Furthermore, these ministries are gifts to the Church for the purpose of equipping the saints for the work of the ministry, that the Body of Christ will be edified. (Ephesians 4:11-16) We believe that the ministry gifts listed in Ephesians 4 are still in operation today. (Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher)
We Believe in One Holy Christian and Apostolic Church
We believe in the Holy Christian Church, imperfectly represented on earth, by the various Christian institutions. Her unity is spiritual, her culture diverse and transitional, her mission eternal. (Hebrews 12:18-23) There’s only one church body in the earth. There are many Christian institutions.
We Believe in the Unity of the Church
We believe in the spiritual unity of all who are born of God. (1 Corinthians 12:12-14)
We Believe in the Local Church
We believe the identity of the Body of Christ on the earth is primarily perceived through the local church.
(Revelation 2-3, Ephesians 2:19)
- Every individual who professes relationship with Jesus Christ should be involved in a local community of believers.
- The local church should represent Jesus Christ to the community.
- The local church is a place of accountability and covering.
We Believe in Marriage
We Believe that Marriage was God's idea between a man (male DNA) and a woman(female DNA), Ephesians 5:13: “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”
We Believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ
We believe in the literal second coming of our Lord, the literal rule of Christ upon the earth, the resurrection of the regenerate to eternal life and the unregenerate to eternal damnation, and the ultimate victory of the eternal Kingdom of God.(Acts 1:9-11, Daniel 12:2, Revelation 22:1 -7)
- Jesus Christ, who was raised from the dead, is still alive today.
- Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God and He is interceding on our behalf daily.
- John 3:16 says that God so loved the world. The word “world” is translated cosmos, which means the earth and the entire universe. God is not just in love with His highest creation called man, but He is in love with His creation.
- Jesus Christ’s rule (government) will literally be established in the earth.
- We await His literal return to the earth.